Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beckett's Costume Phase 2.2

I'm still in Phase 2, the jumper phase.

This picture is showing how I pinned the sleeves in.

This shows how I tapered the underarm seam to get rid of the weird hip points from Phase 2.1.


I wanted to shrink the width a little but leave it big enough to look like a puffy marshmallow. I used the jumper that fits Beckett as a guide and added about an inch on top of that to mark where I would sew the front and back seams.


I marked where to stop for the legs with three red pins.

Sewing.....

 Stop!

Front seam done!

Here I have the back seam pinned. I started it a few inches down to add a button closure for giant baby head clearance.

 I stitched a line perpendicular to each seam at the end of both the front and back seam.


I cut inside the seam to create a continuous strip for me to attach the snap tape.


Here I have the first part of snap tape pinned in. When I sew it, I will fold it in the width of the tape and stitch all around the edge. 

And here's where Beckett got too fussy for me to continue for the night.